Tineco A10 Hero and Tineco A10 Hero+ Cordless Stick/Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
Tineco A10 Hero and Tineco A10 Hero+ are two very similar cordless and bagless, 2-in-1, lightweight convertible vacuum cleaners. Although the Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ are entry models of the Tineco's series of cordless stick/handheld vacuums, they feature rather good suction, ergonomic design, versatile cleaning tools and in the end, they come at very reasonable price considering the features and performances.
Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ are powered via power fade-free lithium ion detachable battery, providing long cleaning time on a single battery charge, at least when the units are used in the Normal suction mode.
Updated: November 25, 2019.
Tineco A10 Hero vs Tineco A10 Hero+
Tineco A10 Hero and Tineco A10 Hero+ are practically two exactly the same unit, differing only in the following:
- Tineco A10 Hero features Storage Dock (Storehouse), which is used for storing the vacuum cleaner and all of its accessories and for charging the battery/batteries.
- Tineco A10 Hero+ comes with Wall Mount (Charging Station), which is also used for storing the vacuum cleaner itself and for storing all of its accessories and for charging the battery/batteries.
Note: both units come with only one battery, but the spare one may be ordered later, if required.
- both Tineco A10 Hero and Tineco A10 Hero+ come with the same list of cleaning tools and accessories, just Tineco A10 Hero+ comes with slightly redesigned Crevice Tool and 2-in-1 Dusting Brush.
Practically, everything else about these units is the same, at least at the moment of writing/updating this article.
Tineco A10 Hero and A10 Hero+ Features and Specifications
Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ rated power is 350 Watts (W) and suction power is 110 Air Watts (AW), which is excellent result for the cordless vacuum cleaner.
Unit uses single 21.6 volt lithium ion battery with typical nominal capacity of 2 Ah (2000 mAh). When the unit arrives, for the safety reasons, the battery is charged only around 30% and it must be fully recharged before the very first use.
So, when the unit arrives, although Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ is simple to use and maintain unit, be sure to read the manual thoroughly and charge the battery.
When being used in the Normal suction mode, unit can operate up to 25 minutes with the new, fully charged battery using one of the non-motorized(!) cleaning attachments.
When the user requires maximum power in order to clean tough messes and dirt, Max suction mode can be easily activated. Max suction mode increases the suction, but it also shortens the operating life on the single battery charge down to ~7 minutes.
Note: some sources claim 10 minutes of operation on the single battery charge using Max suction mode, but in the real life one may expect good 7 minutes of operation using this mode.
When the battery is fully discharged, it takes around 3.5 hours to fully charge it.
Since battery can be charged while being detached from the unit or being attached to the unit, in order to extend the operating time of the unit, it is possible to order another (spare) battery.
Since Tineco A10 Hero charger features only one charging cable, ordering a charger with two charging cables enables the user to charge two batteries simultaneously.
When the unit arrives, the box contains handheld unit, main cleaner vacuum head, cleaning wand, crevice tool, mini power brush, 2-in-1 dusting brush, charger and storage dock (Tineco A10 Hero) or wall mount (Tineco A10 Hero+).
Handheld vacuum body weighs just 2.87 pounds (1.3 kg), providing excellent power to weight ratio.
- main cleaner vacuum head is Motorized Multifloor Cleaner Head, featuring rotating brushroll optimized for various surfaces, including carpets, area rugs and bare floors.
Note that the Motorized Multifloor Cleaner Head is gentle to the bare floors, but before using it on delicate floors, test it on the small area. Brushroll helps remove deeply embedded dirt and pet and human hair, but it doesn't feature any automatic mechanism for removing tangled hair, lint, fibers and similar debris from the brushroll - it is up to the user to periodically clean the brushroll.
- Cleaning Wand is easily detachable from the cleaning tools and the handheld unit, allowing the user to quickly convert stick vacuum cleaner into the handheld unit and back. Note that these are not friction held wand and cleaning tools - they feature locking mechanism that holds the attachment rather firmly into place. Cleaning wand also increases the range when cleaning elevated surfaces.
- Crevice Tool is designed for cleaning narrow and tight gaps, corners, edges and similar. It is very efficient in cleaning awkward and hard to reach surfaces, with or without the cleaning wand.
- Mini Power Brush features powered mini-brushroll, helping the user to clean smaller carpeted and upholstered surfaces, like seats, sofas, smaller carpets and rugs, pet beds, car seats, stairs etc. Brushroll is of conventional design and periodically must be cleaned from tangled hair, lint, fibers ...
- 2-in-1 Dusting Brush is used for vacuuming sensitive upholstered surfaces that can't be vacuumed using Mini Power Brush and for dusting of elevated and other surfaces - as the bristles travel across the surfaces, they agitate the dust and other small particles which are then sucked into the vacuum using strong suction.
- battery charger that comes with the Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ is used for charging 'only' one Tineco's 21.6 V and 2 Ah lithium ion battery.
Note: although the indicators on the battery signal when the charging cycle is over, it is NOT recommended by the manufacturer to leave the battery connected to the charger indefinitely. On the contrary, it is recommended to disconnect the charger from the battery after the battery is fully recharged! Tineco A11 Hero&Master series of cordless vacuums feature (more) intelligent charger that can be left connected to the battery indefinitely.
- Storage Dock (Storehouse) that comes with Tineco A10 Hero is used for storing the vacuum cleaner and all of its accessories and for charging the battery/batteries.
- Wall Mount (Storage/Charging Station) that comes with Tineco A10 Hero+ is used for storing the vacuum cleaner and all of its accessories and for charging the unit. This is IMHO the most important difference between Tineco A10 Hero and Tineco A10 Hero+, because wall mount allows the user to quickly grab the unit and do the cleaning, regardless if it is emergency or not. Also, it is much easier to position Wall Mount (Tineco A10 Hero+) on the optimum hight and take the unit when required, than to pick the unit from the floor Storage Dock (Tineco A10 Hero). Call me lazy, but ...
Note: On the photo above, one can see Tineco A10 Hero with its accessories and TWO batteries (one attached to the unit, one stored in storage dock) - by default, Tineco A10 Hero comes with one battery, but the second can be easily ordered online.
Note: Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ are not self-standing units!
Dirt cup is transparent, allowing the user to see type and amount of vacuumed dirt. Dirt cup capacity is 0.4 liters (up to the Max fill line), allowing the user to make quick cleanups without the need to empty the dirt cup during the cleaning.
When required, dirt cup can be emptied from the bottom, directly into the trash can.
Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ doesn't feature clog, dirty filters or full dirt cup sensors, but it features thermal protection for the main suction motor - if the air flow is stopped or decreased, motor cooling is decreased and it can overheat. Thermal protection system in that case shuts off the motor, preventing any damage - if that happen, clean any clog, clean filters, empty the dirt cup and let the motor cool down for 45-50 minutes.
Note: for more information for that and other procedures, check the manual!
Tineco A10/A11 Accessories Kit
Tineco A10/A11 Accessories Kit contains several very useful cleaning tools that can come handy in many situations. Note that only Tineco A11 Master/Master+ Cordless Vacuum features all of the cleaning tools available for Tineco A10/A11 vacuums.
Tineco A10/A11 Accessories Kit contains:
- Soft Dusting Brush is used for dusting sensitive surfaces,
- Flexible Extension Hose enables the user to vacuum really awkward and hard to reach places,
- Flexible Multi-Angle Cleaning Wand helps vacuum elevated and hard to reach surfaces, like upper sides of the furniture, ventilation vents, ceiling fans etc.
- Long Crevice Nozzle is 24.2 inches (~61.5 cm) long, narrow and easy to bend, allowing the user to clean around and under various objects, furniture and even some appliances.
- Nylon Accessory Storage Bag is used for storing all of the mentioned accessories.
Tineco A10/A11 Accessories Kit can be ordered later when/if required.
Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ Air Filtration
Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ features 4-layered air filtration system and achieves very good air filtration.
Air filtration is based on the cyclonic dirt-air separation, compared with the mesh air filter, pre-motor air filter and post-motor air filter that Tineco labels as 'HEPA filter', without providing information about filter's HEPA grade/level for Tineco A10 Hero and claiming 99.99% of dirt capture for Tineco A10 Hero+ model (without stating the size of the captured particles!).
Dirt cup, mesh air filter and pre-motor air filter are washable using cold, running water. After washing, they must be dried completely before reinstalling back into the unit - never operate a Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ with wet filters or no filters at all.
After some time, it is recommended to replace pre-motor air filter with the new one - exact time depends on the unit's use, amount and type of the dirt etc.
Note: Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ doesn't feature filter sensor or suction-drop sensor or anything similar - it is up to the user to notice lower suction and to act accordingly.
Post-motor air filter is pleated filter that can be washed in cold, running water and reinstalled into the unit when completely dry.
Tineco A10/A11 Cordless Vacuum Cleaners - Comparison Table
Tineco manufactures several similarly designed convertible vacuum cleaners, differing in color, available attachments, number and capacity of the batteries, dirt cup size and other often important features.
The following table lists Tineco's most popular cordless vacuums:
|Model||Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Vacuum||Tineco A10 Master Cordless Vacuum (Orange)||Tineco A10 Master Cordless Vacuum (Gray)||Tineco A11 Hero Cordless Vacuum||Tineco A11 Master Cordless Vacuum|
|Lithium Ion Battery||2000 mAh||2000 mAh, 2x||2000 mAh, 2x||2500 mAh, 2x||2500 mAh, 2x|
|Normal Mode Running Time||Up to 25 min||Up to 50 min
(2x 25 min)
|Up to 50 min
(2x 25 min)
|Up to 60 min
(2x 30 min)
|Up to 60 min
(2x 30 min)
|Max Mode Running Time||Up to 7 min||Up to 14 min
(2x 7 min)
|Up to 14 min
(2x 7 min)
|Up to 15 min
(2x 7.5 min)
|Up to 15 min
(2x 7.5 min)
|Rated Power (Watts)||350 W||350 W||350 W||450 W||450 W|
|Suction Power (Air Watts)||110 AW||110 AW||110 AW||120 AW||120 AW|
|Charging Dock||Single Battery Charger + Storehouse||Dual Battery Charger + Storehouse||Dual Battery Charger + Storehouse||Dual Charging Powerhouse||Dual Charging Powerhouse|
|Battery Charging Time||~3.5 h||~3.5 h||~3.5 h||~3.5 h||~3.5 h|
|Dirt Bin||0.4 liters
|Motorized Multifloor Cleaner Head||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mini Power Brush||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|2-in-1 Dusting Brush||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hair Cleaning Tool||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Motorized Bare Floor Cleaner Head||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Filter Cleaning Tool||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Soft Dusting Brush||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Flexible Extension Hose||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Flexible Multi-Angle Wand||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Long Flexible Crevice Tool||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Amazon Link||Tineco A10 Hero||Tineco A10 Master (Orange)||Tineco A10 Master (Gray)||Tineco A11 Hero||Tineco A11 Master|
Note: Amazon affiliate links in the table open in the new windows, feel free to check them for most up-to-date offers and prices.
Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ is the only model that comes with only one battery and with the least number of available attachments.
However, these attachments can help the user clean most common surfaces found at homes, cars, boats, apartments, etc.
Also, Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ is the most affordable model listed in the table.
Note: Tineco A11 Hero+ and Tineco A11 Master+ are very similar to Tineco A11 Hero and Tineco A11 Master units, differing only in the fact that 'Plus' models come with the Wall Mounts, exactly the same list of the available attachments (which are slightly redesigned) and smaller(!) batteries - 2500 mAh (Tineco A11 Hero/Master) vs 2000 mAh (Tineco A11 Hero+/Master+), slightly shortening operating time in A11 'Plus' models.
Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ vs. Tineco A11 Hero/Hero+ Cordless Vacuum
Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ and Tineco A11 Hero/Hero+ are very similar units, differing in color and few more important details:
- Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ feature 350 W motor, providing 110 AW of suction, while Tineco A11 Hero/Hero+ come with 450 W motor, providing 120 AW of suction - these values are given for the Max suction mode.
- Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ come with single 2 Ah, 21.6 V lithium ion battery, Tineco A11 Hero comes with two 2.5 Ah, 21.6 V lithium ion batteries, while, Tineco A11 Hero+ comes with two 2.0 Ah batteries.
- operating time on a single, fully battery charge in Normal suction mode is up to 25 minutes for Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ and Tineco A11 Hero+, and up to 30 minutes for Tineco A11 Hero. In Max mode suction, Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ and Tineco A11 Hero+ can operate up to 7 minutes and Tineco A11 Hero slightly longer - 7.5 minutes.
Note: operating times may also depend on the battery condition, its state of charge and similar.
- Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ battery should NOT be left connected to the battery charger after being fully recharged, while Tineco A11 Hero/Hero+ batteries can be left connected to the charger even after they are fully recharged.
Note: it is good practice to disconnect lithium batteries from the charger even when 'smart' battery charger is used.
- Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ feature 50% smaller dirt cup than Tineco A11 Hero/Hero+ (0.4 vs 0.6 liters).
- Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ and Tineco A11 Hero/Hero+ come with similar set of cleaning tools and attachments, but Tineco A11 Hero/Hero+ feature additional Filter Cleaning Tool and spare pre-filter (pre-motor filter).
- Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+ are cheaper than Tineco A11 Hero/Hero+.
Compare the prices of the Tineco 'Hero' models:
with the prices of the Tineco 'Master' models:
Obviously, as the power of suction motor is increased and as the number of available attachments is increased, so is the price of the unit - but what you pay is what you get.
For Short: if you are looking for affordable and versatile convertible cordless vacuum cleaner, consider Tineco A10 Hero/Hero+. Thanks to the good ratio of features and prices, they are quickly gaining in popularity.
And if additional battery or cleaning tools are required, they can be ordered later.
On the other hand, if you need more features right from the start, consider Tineco A10 Master (one of the two available models) or go for one of the Tineco A11 models - for more details, check the list table.