Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Stick Vacuums - Models HV301, HV302 and HV305
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 are versatile, ultra-light corded convertible vacuum cleaners, designed to be used as the main vacuums in smaller to medium homes and apartments.
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 are 2-in-1 units and can be quickly converted from lightweight corded stick vacuums to powerful handheld vacuums and back.
Bagless design and washable air filters lead to very low maintenance costs.
Published: June 3, 2019.
Shark Rocket HV30* Series Models
Shark Rocket HV30* series of ultra-light convertible stick vacuums consist of several models, including HV300, HV301, HV302, HV303, HV305 and HV310.
All these models differ in color, available attachments, power cord length, store at which they can be bought and similar.
Also, some models even include sub-variants, differing in available attachments and are usually offered at certain times (for example, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and similar).
Regardless of the model, these vacuums come with the same most important features, like motor power, dirt bin capacity, general construction and similar.
Most popular Shark Rocket Ultra-Light vacuums are HV301, HV302 and HV305.
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 Features and Specifications
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 are three very similar models, differing practically only in the list of available attachments. Most popular model is Shark Rocket HV302 - all attachments, if required, can be ordered later.
Most important Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 features and specifications are given in the following table:
|Model||Shark Rocket HV301||Shark Rocket HV302||Shark Rocket HV305|
|Weight||7.6 pounds (~3.44 kg)||7.6 pounds (~3.44 kg)||7.6 pounds (~3.44 kg)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D inches)||46 x 9.8 x 10.5||46 x 9.8 x 10.5||46 x 9.8 x 10.5|
|Power||500 W||500 W||500 W|
|Recommended Floor Types||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors|
|Cord Length||30 feet (9.1 m)||30 feet (9.1 m)||30 feet (9.1 m)|
|Filtration||Washable Filters||Washable Filters||Washable Filters|
|5" Crevice Tool||Yes||Yes||No|
|18" Flexible Crevice Tool||No||No||Yes|
|Pet Multi Tool||Yes||Yes||No|
|Wide Pet Upholstery Tool||No||No||Yes|
|Home/Car Detail Kit||No||Yes||Yes|
|Dust Away Hard Floor Attachment||No||No||Yes|
|Amazon Link||Shark Rocket HV301||Shark Rocket HV302||Shark Rocket HV305|
Note: Amazon affiliate links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for most up-to-date offers and prices. Also, list of available attachments is according to the official Shark's web site - this list can vary over time. For example, when these vacuums appeared on the market, they included 12 inches Crevice Tools, and not 5 inches Crevice tools.
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 are rated at 500 watts (~4.2 Amps) and are powered via 30 feet (~9.2 m) long power cords.
Such long power cord in combination with swivel design, lightweight construction and low cleaning wand, help the user to clean large areas at home from the floor to the ceiling using just one wall power socket.
Note: Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 feature motor thermal protection - if there is a blockage of clog of some kind in the unit, air flow through the motor is decreased, causing its temperature to rise. In order to protect the motor in such situations, thermal protection system shuts off the motor - when something like that happens, unplug the unit, clean the dirt cup and air filters and check the unit for blockages. Also, let the unit cool down for at least 45 minutes after which it can be used again.
Main tool for cleaning the floors is the main cleaner head, featuring rotating brushroll under transparent cover.
Brushroll is of rather conventional design - it picks various debris rather well, but it has no pet and human hair removal system, and it is up to the user to periodically check and when required to clean the entangled hair, lint, fibers and similar debris off the brushroll.
Cleaning width is ~10 inches (~25 cm), allowing the user to clean large areas rather quickly. Due to the low profile of the main cleaner head and long cleaning wand, units are able to reach and clean even under beds and sofas and to maneuver around the various floor objects and obstacles.
Although Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 don't feature suction control, they do come with brushroll control, with two settings:
- 'I' setting is intended fer bare floors, area rugs and sensitive carpets - the brushroll spins slowly, picking up dust and other dirt, but at the same time, it is rather gentle to the cleaned surfaces.
- 'II' setting is intended for carpets - the brushroll spins faster, picking up and pulling out deeply embedded dust, hair and other dirt.
Controls are positioned near the handle and easy to use during vacuuming.
Main cleaner head also features Brushroll Indicator Light that signals the user if the brushroll operates as it should - if the Brushroll Indicator Light turns red, turn off the unit, unplug it from the wall and check the brushroll.
Note: Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 are easy to use and maintain convertible units, but just in case, when they arrive, read the manual thoroughly. Better safe than sorry.
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 are design as 2-in-1 convertible units and with just few 'clicks' they transform from stick to handheld vacuums and back.
Since they are corded units with long power cords and they are rated at 500 watts, they are rather strong handheld vacuums, being able to deeply clean different surfaces using available cleaning tools and attachments.
Dirt cup is transparent, allowing the user to monitor type and amount of vacuumed dirt.
Maximum dirt capacity is 0.42 dry quarts (~0.46 liters) and it is enough for regular cleaning - Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 are intended for dry dirt only. Since dirt cup features an easy to empty bottom emptying system, it is recommended to empty the dirt cup after each vacuuming.
Air filtration is good and is based on the combination of cyclonic action and mechanical air filters.
Air filters include foam and felt pre-motor filters and post-motor exhaust air filters.
All filters are washable using plain water - after air drying for at least 24 hours, they can be reassembled back into the unit.
Never, but really never operate the unit with no filters or with moist or wet filters - such use can damage the unit and void the warranty.
It is recommended by the manufacturer to clean pre-motor filters once a month and post-motor filter once a year. Of course, this is recommendation and in the real life it all depends on the vacuums' use and type and amount of vacuumed dirt.
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 Cleaning Tools and Attachments
Cleaning tools and attachments that come with HV301, HV302 and HV305 enable the user to clean different types of dirt from different surfaces.
All models come with long cleaning wand and main cleaner head. Also, they come with:
- 5" Crevice Tool comes with HV301 and HV302 models and allows the user to clean gaps, corners, edges and similar hard to reach, narrow areas. When these units were introduced, they featured 12" Crevice tools and even today they are sometimes offered with 12" and not with 5" crevice tools.
- 18" Flexible Crevice Tool comes with HV305 model. It is long, narrow and flexible cleaning tool, helping the user to clean hard to reach areas and gaps.
- Pet Multi Tool comes with HV301 and HV302 models. It is designed for vacuuming various types of dirt, pet and human hair included from smaller carpets, stairs, upholstery and similar.
- Wide Pet Upholstery Tool comes with HV305 model and is intended for vacuuming pet and human hair, fibers, lint and other debris from furniture and upholstered areas in general.
- Dusting Brush comes with HV305 model and is used for dusting of various elevated surfaces, commonly in the handheld mode. As the brush bristles glide over cleaned area, bristles agitate the dust and other dirt, which is then vacuumed using strong suction into the dirt cup.
- Home/Car Detail Kit comes with HV302 and HV305 models and it feature flexible cleaning hose and mini cleaning tools for detail cleaning of areas like keyboards, air vents and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Dust Away Hard Floor Attachment come with HV305 model. It is used for dusting of large, bare floor areas in combination with the washable micro-fiber pad.
- Wall Mount comes with HV305 model and it allows the user to store the unit vertically on the wall. Otherwise, unit can be stored by detaching the handheld unit and attaching it to the storage clip, low on the wand.
- Under-Appliance Wand comes with HV301 and HV302 models, and allows the user to clean under and behind home appliances and furniture. Under-Appliance Wand is adjustable cleaning tool with 36" (~91 cm, 3 feet) reach.
All cleaning tools can be ordered, when and if required.
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302 and HV305 come with 5-year limited warranty.
Long Story Short: if you are looking for versatile and affordable stick/handheld vacuum cleaners, consider one of these - they feature good suction, very low maintenance costs, broad range of cleaning tools and attachments, they are easy to use and empty and they are used (and abused) by countless users in the real life situations and nonetheless, they have excellent reviews.
For the most up-to-date offers and prices, especially for the HV302 model, feel free to check these Amazon links:
Links open in the new windows.