Hoover FH52000 Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner is full size carpet washer designed for cleaning carpeted floors and stairs and upholstered elevated surfaces. It features great deal of automation in order to simplify as much as possible carpet washing, almost to the level of carpet vacuuming.
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash also features several other cleaning technologies, for deep and thorough carpet cleaning. However, Hoover FH52000 Smartwash is not suitable for cleaning/washing bare floors like tiles, marble, linoleum, hardwood and similar.
Published: March 1, 2019.
To improve carpet cleaning, shorten drying time and simplify the cleaning task itself, Hoover FH52000 Smartwash features:
- Automatic Cleaning Technology: when the unit is pushed forward, Hoover FH52000 Smartwash cleans the carpet, and when it is pulled back, unit automatically switches to drying mode. To improve cleaning even more, if the user removes cleaning solution tank, unit switches into 'rinse' only mode. Also, to shorten the drying time, by pressing 'Dry Only' button, unit switches to 'dry' only mode.
- Auto Mix: Hoover FH52000 Smartwash features three different tanks, one for clean water, one for dirty liquids and one for cleaning formula/detergent. In order to provide best cleaning possible, unit feature Auto Mix technology, which mixes clean water and detergent in required ration. Also, this technology enables the unit to operate in 'rinse' only mode.
- Auto Dry and HeatForce: auto dry extracts as much as possible of dirty liquid from the carpet, while HeatForce additionally dries the carpet using warm air. Thanks to these two technologies carpets are slightly moist after cleaning and are dried quickly, depending on the conditions like air temperature, draft, air moisture and similar. Generally, families with pets and kids should consider washing their carpets before sleeping so that carpets dry over night thoroughly.
- FlexForce PowerBrushes: main cleaner head features two brushes that work together in combination with cleaning solution and strong suction in order to clean even thick carpets completely by removing deeply embedded dust, pet and human hair and other debris, including tough pet and food messes and stains.
Main cleaner head also features side brushes to avoid uncleaned areas, especially along the baseboards.
When the unit arrives, it requires some assembly which can be done quickly and easily.
Note: despite its size and all of its features, Hoover FH52000 Smartwash is easy to use carpet washer. Nonetheless, before the very first use, be sure to read the manual.
Also, when it arrives, Hoover FH52000 Smartwash includes 2-in-1 Antimicrobial Pet Tool, a sample bottle of cleaning solution, 8 feet (~2.4 m) long flexible cleaning hose and accessory storage bag.
2-in-1 Antimicrobial Pet Tool is used for cleaning elevated carpeted and upholstered areas using 8 feet long flexible cleaning hose, connected to the main unit.
2-in-1 Antimicrobial Pet Tool features two different types of inserts: the rubber nub insert is designed for tough pet messes and stains, while the bristles insert is designed more for scrubbing the carpets and upholstery.
2-in-1 Antimicrobial Pet Tool is manual cleaning tool - all the scrubbing is done by the user, which can be tiring task, but the task that allows the user to adjust the pressure and scrubbing according to the cleaned surface.
Note: when cleaning surfaces with the carpet washers in general, be sure that the upholstery fabric is marked with a 'W' ('wet' cleaning) or with 'S/W' ('solvent/dry' or 'wet' cleaning). If the fabric is marked with 'S' ('solvent/dry' cleaning only), don't clean it with any carpet washer.
Also, if unsure about the surfaces you have, it is possible to make a test for colorfastness in a small, hidden area by gently rubbing the surface with a dampened white cloth. Wait for ten minutes and then check for color removal or bleed with a white paper towel.
There are also other optional cleaning tools that can be ordered separately, including crevice tool, stair tool, upholstery tool etc.
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash Specifications
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash dimensions are (D x H x W) 18.9 x 43.5 x 13 inches (48 x 110.5 x 33 cm) and it weighs 18.9 pounds (8.56 kg) with empty tanks.
Clean water tank capacity is 1 gallon and detergent tank capacity is 20 ounces.
As one can see, Hoover FH52000 Smartwash is full size upright carpet washer, far from being lightweight, especially when the tanks are full.
However, most of its weight rests on large transport wheels, allowing the unit to easily move around and clean carpets.
Cleaning paths width is 12 inches (30.5 cm), allowing the user to cover and clean large area quickly, without many passes - actual number of passes depends on the carpets condition and types and amount of dirt.
Note: to avoid saturating carpets with moisture, never make more than 4 cleaning (wet) passes over the same area during one cleaning session.
Unit is powered with 22 feet (6.7 m) long power cord. Hoover FH52000 Smartwash doesn't come with automatic power cord rewind system, instead the cable is wrapped around wrap hooks manually.
During operation, unit draws 10 Amps - unit doesn't feature water heater, but the use of warm water is recommended for improved washing.
Note: use warm, not hot water!
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash Cleaning Solutions/Detergents
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash comes with a sample bottle of cleaning solution, but it can be ordered right away with large(r) bottle of different cleaning solutions. Some of them include:
- Hoover PET PLUS Concentrated Formula, Pet Stain and Odor Remover,
- Hoover Expert Clean Carpet Washer Detergent Solution Formula,
- Hoover Clean Plus Concentrated Solution Formula, Carpet Cleaner and Deodorizer,
- Hoover Expert Pet Carpet Washer Liquid Detergent, etc.
There are other cleaning solutions on the market, but these are the most popular.
Cleaning solutions come in various packages, larger packages being more cost-effective.
Also, to improve cleaning of really stubborn messes and stains, pretreat solutions and sprays can be used before washing the carpets with the unit.
Note: all of these solutions/detergents are safe when being used as instructed. But, since they can be harmful when not being used as intended, be sure to read their instructions as well.
For Short: If you are looking for large, upright carpet washer, consider Hoover FH52000 Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner - it has everything what good carpet washer must have, but also it feature flexible cleaning hose and 2-in-1 Antimicrobial Pet Tool for cleaning elevated surfaces.
And it comes at very acceptable price.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Hoover FH52000 Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner Amazon link (link opens in the new window).