Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 12 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Eufy RoboVac 12 is a robot vacuum cleaner, designed for vacuuming hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets and thinner area rugs. Its designed is based on the very popular Eufy Robovac 11S (Slim), and both units are visually very similar.
Eufy RoboVac 12 features two side brushes, one main brushroll and 1500 Pa of suction for proper vacuuming, good air filtration, IR remote control, cleaning scheduler etc. However, it doesn't feature WiFi connectivity and thus it doesn't support the Google Home Assistant nor Amazon Alexa - and many users like its simplicity.
Published: March 1, 2019.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 12 Features and Specifications
When the unit arrives, the box contains: remote control (2 AAA batteries included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties and the welcome guide.
Although Eufy RoboVac 12 is simple to use and maintain vacuum cleaner, before you actually start to use the vacuum, read the instructions.
Eufy RoboVac 12 physical dimensions are: diameter 12.8 inches (~32.5 cm), height 2.85 inches (~7.3 cm) and it weighs 5.73 pounds (~2.6 kg) - it is rather compact unit with very low profile, allowing it to clean under beds, sofas and most furniture. And if it gets stuck, it will beep for help, and thanks to its low weight, it can be easily carried to the charging base.
Eufy RoboVac 12 is powered via 2600 mAh lithium ion battery, providing enough energy for unit to work continuously at most 100 minutes (on bare floors, without using the BoostIQ feature).
In real life, depending on the floor type and amount of dirt, one can expect these units to operate ~60-70 minutes, before the unit stops with the cleaning and automatically returns to the charging base.
Note: place the charging base so that there are no obstacles around it. Make sure to have obstacle-free area at least 3-4 feet on the sides and 5-6 feet ahead of the charging base. Also, hide or remove all the objects that can cause the unit to get stuck or entangled like wires, cables, toys and similar.
Eufy Robovac 12 comes with set of IR and cliff sensors, preventing it from bumping into the objects and falling off the stairs.
Eufy RoboVac 12 is designed for vacuuming bare floors like laminate, linoleum, wood, ceramic tile, marble, vinyl and similar. Also, it vacuums low-pile carpets very well and up to the point, medium-pile carpets. However, thick and soft, high-pile carpets and area rugs are not recommended - unit can get stuck and its suction is not strong enough to vacuum such surfaces.
Unit easily traverse different floor types and can climb thresholds up to 0.63 inches (1.6 cm) high.
Eufy RoboVac 12 features so-called BoostIQ (2nd generation) technology, allowing the unit to change the suction as required - when required, unit automatically increase the suction within 1.5 seconds to 1500 Pa for vacuuming extra dirty areas. Also, user can increase the suction manually using IR remote control.
Such design prolongs the battery operating life, allowing the unit to clean larger area on the single battery charge.
Note: Although unit automatically stops with the cleaning, locates and docks with the charging base, its navigational system is simple and the unit doesn't feature 'recharge and resume' option.
During operation, unit is rather quiet - it generates around 55 dB during operation and can be scheduled to vacuum during the night areas where nobody sleeps (it will hardly wake somebody in the adjacent rooms with doors closed).
Eufy RoboVac 12 cleaning system is based on two side brushes, main brushroll and relatively strong suction.
Two side brushes help clean the edges, provide wider cleaning path and push the dirt toward the main brushroll.
Main brushroll in combination with the air flow pick up the dirt off the floors directly into the dirt bin. The brushroll is of classic design, cleans well, but it must be periodically cleaned by the user.
Dirt bin capacity is 0.6 liters which is enough for regular cleanups - it is recommended to empty the dirt bin after each vacuuming.
Eufy RoboVac 12 comes with triple air filtration system combining plastic mesh filter, foam air filter and high efficiency pleated air filter. Air filter is good, but it is not HEPA grade air filtration.
Eufy RoboVac 12 Cleaning Modes
Eufy RoboVac 12 features several cleaning modes:
- auto cleaning: unit automatically cleans the area using its onboard sensors to navigate the room and avoid bumping into the objects and obstacles. If required, unit will automatically activate BoostIQ feature - generally on the carpets and for vacuuming areas with more dirt. When the battery charge drops (usually below 20%), unit stops with the cleaning and return to the charging base, recharge and wait for the next scheduled cleaning. Again, Eufy RoboVac 12 doesn't feature 'recharge and resume' option.
- edge mode is intended for vacuuming the edges of the walls. When the unit detects the wall, it follows the wall and vacuum its edge.
- spot cleaning mode is intended for cleaning the spots with increased amount of dirt. Unit moves in spiral pattern and cleans required area.
- single room mode is short cleaning mode used for vacuuming single rooms (hence the name). Since Eufy RoboVac 12 doesn't support magnetic strips, in order to limit its range of cleaning, one has to close the doors.
Eufy RoboVac 12 Maintenance
Eufy RoboVac 12 is not maintenance free unit. On the contrary, it must be maintained regularly, just like most of the robotic vacuums on the market.
- dirt bin: empty the dirt bin after each cleaning, especially if there are heavily soiled areas that unit vacuums.
- side brushes: clean them when they get dirty. When worn out, replace them.
- main brushroll: remove regularly entangled hair, lint and other similar debris. When the brushroll is worn out, replace it.
- sensors: in order for the unit to properly sense the cleaning area and to avoid bumping into the walls and other objects or falling down the stairs, clean the sensors.
- wheels and charging contacts: clean them periodically, especially if there are hairs wrapped around the wheel's shafts.
- air filters: plastic mesh filter and foam filter can be washed using running water - dry them thoroughly before returning them into the unit. Pleated air filter can be tapped onto the hard surface and can be even vacuumed using ordinary vacuum cleaner. After some time, depending on the use and dirt type, it is recommended to replace the foam filter and the pleated filter.
Eufy RoboVac Comparison
Eufy RoboVac vacuums share main design features including:
- Eufy RoboVac vacuums don't support virtual wall - some models support the use of magnetic strips, but not the Eufy RoboVac 12.
- Eufy RoboVac vacuums are designed for cleaning hard floors, and low-pile carpets. They also clean medium-pile carpets, although such surfaces can cause issues.
- they all feature similar triple air filtration system,
- Eufy RoboVac vacuums support daily cleaning scheduling,
- they can operate up to 100 min, on the bare floors, without using the BoostIQ.
However, there are also certain differences among Eufy RoboVac vacuums, and they are listed in the following table:
|Model||Eufy 11||Eufy 11+||Eufy 11C
||Eufy 11S||Eufy 12||Eufy 15C||Eufy 30||Eufy 30C||Eufy 35C|
|Maximum Suction||1000 Pa||1000 Pa||1200 Pa||1300 Pa||1500 Pa||1300 Pa||1500 Pa||1500 Pa||1500 Pa|
|BoostIQ Technology||No||Yes (1st gen.)||Yes (1st gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.55 liters||0.55 liters||0.55 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters|
|Noise Level||60 dB||60 dB||60 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB|
|Height||3.1 inches||3.1 inches||3.1 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches|
|Maximum Climb Height||0.59 inches||0.59 inches||0.59 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches|
|Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Amazon Link||Eufy 11||Eufy 11+||Eufy 11C||Eufy 11S||Eufy 12||Eufy 15C||Eufy 30||Eufy 30C||Eufy 35C|
Note: Amazon links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for the most up-to-date offers and prices.
Newer Eufy RoboVac vacuums mostly differ in terms of maximum suction, boundary strips support and if they feature or not a WiFi connectivity.
Latest generation of Eufy RoboVac vacuums come with 1500 Pa suction (BoostIQ, 2nd generation), 0.6 liters dirt bins, 55 dB noise, 2.85 inches height, and can climb obstacles up to 0.63 inches tall.
Eufy RoboVac 11S vs Eufy RoboVac 12
Eufy RoboVac 12 is very similar to Eufy RoboVac 11S (Slim). They only really important difference is the increase in suction from 1300 Pa to 1500 Pa.
Other than that, technical specifications are practically the same.
Visually, these two units are also almost the same, with protective anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover having slightly different finish.
Their most common replacement parts (side brushes, brushroll, air filters) are interchangeable and can be purchased in the form of Eufy RoboVac Replacement Kit.
For Short: Eufy RoboVac 12 has good suction and with combined a pair of side brushes and the main brushroll, it cleans well.
Also, it can be scheduled, controlled via IR remote control, automatically docks and recharges, deeps if it sense a malfunction of some kind etc.
If you are looking for good and not to technically complicated robot vacuum, consider this model.
For more reviews and recommendations, and most up-to-date offers and prices, check eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 12 Amazon link (link opens in the window).