Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX vs RoboVac 15C MAX vs RoboVac 30C MAX
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX, Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C MAX and Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C MAX are a group of Eufy robot vacuum cleaners of very similar design, specifications and features that differ in certain, very important features.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac MAX robot vacuums are simple to use and maintain autonomous robot vacuums that come at rather affordable prices, considering their features making them some of the most popular robot vacuums on the market.
Updated: July 19, 2020.
Eufy RoboVac MAX Robot Vacuums Comparison
All three RoboVac models can be of great help in keeping the home cleaner and more pleasant to live in. While cleaning systems of these models are practically the same, they differ slightly in color, some onboard sensors, WiFi connectivity and support for more advanced features like voice control via Amazon Alexa and/or Google Home Assistant.
The following chart lists the most popular Eufy robot vacuum cleaners with their most important features and specifications:
|Model||Eufy RoboVac 11S MAX||Eufy RoboVac 15C MAX||Eufy RoboVac 30C MAX|
|Maximum Suction||2000 Pa||2000 Pa||2000 Pa|
|BoostIQ Technology||Yes, 2nd Generation||Yes, 2nd Generation||Yes, 2nd Generation|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters|
|Height||2.85 inches (7.3 cm)||2.85 inches (7.3 cm)||2.85 inches (7.3 cm)|
|Diameter||12.8 inches (32.5 cm)||12.8 inches (32.5 cm)||12.8 inches (32.5 cm)|
|Maximum Climb Height||0.63 inches (16 mm)||0.63 inches (16 mm)||0.63 inches (16 mm)|
|Noise||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB|
|IR Remote Control||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Eufy Home App||No||Yes||Yes|
|Amazon Alexa & Google Home Assistant Support||No||Yes||Yes|
|Recommended Surface Types||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets|
|Main Air Filter||Redesigned Unibody Air Filter||Redesigned Unibody Air Filter||Redesigned Unibody Air Filter|
|Maximum Bare Floors Cleaning Time||100 min||100 min||100 min|
|Maximum BoostIQ Cleaning Time||60 min||60 min||60 min|
|Maximum Suction Cleaning Time||40 min||40 min||40 min|
|Amazon Link||Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX||Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C MAX||Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C MAX|
Note: Amazon links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for more reviews and recommendations.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX, Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C MAX, and Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C MAX are powered with the onboard lithium battery featuring nominal voltage of 14.4 volts and capacity of 2600 mAh.
Such battery is able to provide maximum cleaning time of ~100 minutes when the unit clean bare floors using Standard suction mode. When the BoostIQ feature is activated on the carpets or when the Max cleaning mode is activated for the best possible vacuuming, operating time is shorter, approximately ~60 minutes using BoostIQ mode and ~40 minutes using MAX suction mode when the suction is respectable 2000 Pa.
Physical dimensions are practically the same, 12.8 inches (32.5 cm) in diameter and 2.85 inches (7.3 cm) in height. Compact dimensions and series of onboard sensors ensure that the units are able to navigate the home without (much) bumping into the walls, furniture, and similar objects.
Also, cliff sensors help the units avoid falling off the stairs and similar 'cliffs'.
Dirt cup capacity is 0.6 liters, allowing the unit to store relatively large amounts of dirt. However, it is recommended to empty the dirt cup after each cleaning task.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac MAX models clean the surfaces using the so-called 'Three Point System' - they combine a pair of side brushes, main brushroll, and strong suction to clean various surfaces, including bare floors, low- and medium-pile carpets. All of these models are able to clean high-pile carpets, however, they may get stuck on thick, high-pile carpets.
The maximum climb height is 0.63 inches (16 mm) ensuring that these models can easily navigate around the home.
Navigation system of these units is relatively simple, ensuring good ground coverage, finding the docking/charging station automatically, but the navigation system doesn't allow the 'recharge and resume' or any other advanced feature commonly found on more expensive units (for example, digital no-go zones, clean map reports and similar).
Note: when the units arrive, be sure to thoroughly read their manuals in order to get accustomed to your new robot vacuum cleaner.
Brushroll features two types of brushes, and it does its job rather well - other than that, brushroll is rather conventional, having no automatic system for removing tangled pet hair, lint, fibers, and similar debris.
When combined with older models, air filtration is improved and is based on 'Redesigned Unibody Air Filter'. However, Eufy doesn't state the actual HEPA level of this air filter.
During operation, all three models are rather quiet, generating some 55 dB of noise.
Eufy RoboVac MAX Robot Vacuums Cleaning Modes
All three models feature the same cleaning modes, including:
- Auto Mode is the most common cleaning mode. The unit changes cleaning modes, ensuring good coverage of all surfaces. When the battery is discharged, the unit stops with the cleaning, locates the charging station, and recharges itself. The unit will clean again when the new cleaning task is scheduled or when the user manually send the unit to clean.
- Edge Mode: using onboard sensors, the unit locates the wall, and thoroughly cleans along the wall.
- Spot Cleaning Mode: moving in the spiral pattern, the unit thoroughly cleans limited area ('spot').
- BoostIQ Mode: when the carpet is detected, the unit increases suction, cleaning such areas more thoroughly.
- MAX Mode: unit cleans the required area with maximum suction. This mode shortens the operating time of the battery, but also provides the best possible cleaning.
- Single Room Mode: unit cleans the required area for only 30 minutes, after which unit returns to the charging station for a full recharge.
In order to do their job properly, it is highly recommended to set the daily cleaning schedule - units will keep the floors as clean as possible, saving the user time and effort when cleaning with the main vacuum cleaner.
Eufy RoboVac MAX Robot Vacuums Maintenance
In order for these units to operate properly, they must be maintained regularly. Maintenance tasks include:
- Dirt Cup should be emptied after each cleaning task,
- The main air filter should be cleaned once or twice per week and replaced after 2 months. Note: main air filter is not washable - it is cleaned by tapping it onto the hard surface in order to remove very fine dirt from the filter's surface.
Note: Air filter for RoboVac 11S MAX, 15C MAX, and 30C MAX is not compatible with older RoboVac models that don't feature 'MAX' label.
- The main brushroll should be cleaned once per week and replaced every 6-12 months or when visibly worn.
- Side Brushes should be cleaned once per month and replaced every 6-12 months or when visibly worn.
- Brush Guard should be cleaned every month and replaced every 3-6 months or when visibly worn.
Other parts of the robots should be regularly cleaned (every month, for example) in order to keep the unit is the best possible condition, including sensors, wheels, charging pins etc.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac MAX Models Differences
As said before, the most important differences include:
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX is not WiFi enabled unit and it doesn't support Eufy Home App and voice control using Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant - it is controlled using IR remote control. Also, Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX doesn't support the use of magnetic boundary strips.
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C MAX supports the use of IR remote control, it is a WiFi-enabled unit and supports the voice control, but it doesn't support the use of magnetic strips.
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C MAX comes with the most features and it supports the use of IR remote control, it is WiFi enable unit supporting the use of Eufy Home App and voice control using Amazon Alexa and Google Home assistant, and it supports the use of magnetic boundary strips - it even comes with 13.2 feet (~4 m) of magnetic boundary strips.
Obviously, the price depends on the available features, but sometimes these units can be found on sale.
Long Story Short: Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac MAX models are very popular robot vacuums since they do their cleaning tasks well, they are easy to use and maintain and when compared with other robot vacuums, their prices are rather acceptable.
When choosing the right robot vacuum cleaner, be sure to choose according to your own needs and personal preferences.