DeWalt DXV09P 9 Gallon Poly Wet/Dry Vacuum
DeWalt DXV09P is a wet/dry vacuum cleaner, featuring large 9 gallon polycarbonate drum canister, designed for small to large pickups in the workshops and construction sites.
DeWalt DXV09P can be used as wet/dry vacuum cleaner, dust extractor, and as blower. To be able to clean different types of dirt, it comes with the lengthy list of available cleaning tools and attachments.
Published: June 15, 2019.
DeWalt DXV09P Features and Specifications
Although made from plastic, DeWalt DXV09P is strong and sturdy wet/dry vacuum cleaner suitable for most home and professional workshops and as construction site vacuum.
DeWalt DXV09P features powerful 5 peak HP motor, providing suction strong enough for most tough cleanup jobs. Four rubberized caster wheels are spaced apart to provide stability and ease of use - their smooth swiveling motion allows the DeWalt DXV09P to be easily pulled/pushed around the shop and used where mostly needed.
DeWalt DXV09P features relatively short power cord of only 10 feet (~3.05 m) which is manually wrapped around the handle. Reason for a such short power cord is the optional use of much longer extension cord, commonly found at shops and/or construction site.
When using extension cord, note that DeWalt DXV09P motor draws 10 Amps and that recommended extensions cords are:
- 0-50 feet (0 - 15.2 m): 14 AWG
- 50-100 feet (15.2 - 30.5 m): 12 AWG
Also, the use heavy duty outdoor extension cord is recommended - and the extension cord must be in good condition (not damaged in any way!).
DeWalt DXV09P is intended for dry dirt, wet dirt and can be used as the blower, too.
Note: DeWalt DXV09P and similar vacuums are relatively specific units. Once you get accustomed to them, they are easy to use and maintain, but when it arrives, be sure to thoroughly read the manual, in order to avoid any 'surprises'!
Unit features vacuum port, blower port and the drain port.
Vacuum port is used for vacuuming of both dry and wet dirt. Blower port is used for blowing dust and other similar dirt. Drain port is used for draining picked up liquids from the vacuum.
DeWalt DXV09P comes with built-in accessory storage bag attached to the vacuum's backside in order to keep all accessories organized and ready to be used at the moment notice.
Unit can be used as bagless and as bagged unit. When vacuuming dry dirt only, the use of disposable paper filter bag greatly simplified emptying of the unit - just pull the filter bag out of the unit and dispose it into the suitable trash can/container.
When the unit is used as the wet vacuum cleaner, be sure that the paper filter bag is removed from the unit - again, read the manual for exact procedures!
DeWalt DXV09P comes with:
- 1-7/8" flexible cleaning hose: cleaning hose is sturdy with large cross section and is 7 feet (~2.1 m) long, allowing the user to clean both floors and elevated surfaces. Although the hose is 1-7/8" wide, it is also possible to order an optional adapter which enables the use of 1-1/4" tools.
- 2 extension wands increase the cleaning range of the flexible hose, and allow the user to clean the floors without bending.
- floor nozzle is designed for vacuuming large floor surfaces. It is designed for vacuuming bare floors, concrete included, but it also does a good job on low-pile carpets as well.
- utility nozzle is narrower than the floor nozzle and is intended for vacuuming areas where the floor nozzle is simply too wide.
- crevice nozzle is long and narrow cleaning tool, being able to reach and clean corners, edges and similar, often awkward areas and surfaces.
- accessory bag with the bag holder is attached to the back of the drum and is used for onboard storage of cleaning tools and accessories.
- 'Clean Connect' filter is washable/reusable cartridge filter. When vacuuming dry dirt, it is highly recommended that this filter is also - dry. If the filter is wet, dry dirt easily stuck to it, quickly reducing the suction. Washable cartridge filter reduces maintenance costs, but it is necessary to periodically check the condition of the filter and to replace it on the first signs of damage.
- disposable paper filter bag enables the user to quickly get rid of vacuumed dry dirt. Its use is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended when vacuuming dry-only dirt.
Note: DeWalt also manufactures high-efficiency disposable filter bags, with much improved filtering, suitable for fine dust debris.
DeWalt DXV09P Safety Features
First safety feature of the DeWalt DXV09P is its sturdy construction, designed to withstand use (and up to the point, abuse) is tough conditions of workshops and construction sites.
DeWalt DXV09P features simple On/Off power switch, which is designed to be waterproof, increasing the safety when vacuuming wet dirt and liquids.
Also, DeWalt DXV09P features safety float mechanism designed to cut-off air flow when the liquid in the drum reaches maximum allowed level. When the unit is tipped over, this mechanism also shuts-off air flow.
When that happen, motor changes its pitch, signalizing the user to turn off the unit, unplug the cord and to empty the tank.
For Short: DeWalt DXV09P is versatile and rather capable wet/dry vacuum. It features 9-gallon (34 liters) tank and is suitable for small to medium cleanups in the workshops and construction sites.
Despite 9-gallon tank, DeWalt DXV09P is not bulky, like some larger models. DeWalt DXV09P dimensions are (H x L) 22.25 x 18 inches (~56.5 x 45.7 cm) and it weighs ~23 pounds (~10.4 kg).
Also, it is rather affordable unit, featuring 3-year limited warranty and 1-year free service.
If you are looking for a good wet/dry drum workshop dust extractor/vacuum cleaner, consider this unit.
For more reviews and recommendations, check DeWALT 9 Gallon Poly Wet/Dry Vac Amazon link (link opens in the new window).