Coredy R3500S Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Coredy R3500S Robot Vacuum Cleaner is rather simple to use and affordable robot vacuum cleaner that also comes with several features found at more expensive models.
Coredy R3500S supports the use of WiFi and Amazon Alexa, but it also supports the use of 'common' IR remote control. With magnetic boundary strips, 2600 mAh battery, 1700 Pa max suction, and 550 ml dust bin, Coredy R3500S is a low-maintenance robot vacuum cleaner that may help one keep home cleaner and more pleasant to live in.
Published: September 8, 2020.
Coredy R3500S Features and Specifications
Coredy R3500S is an upgraded version of the Coredy R3500 robot vacuum cleaner, sharing general design philosophy and most of the features, but it also comes with several very important improvements, like WiFi and magnetic boundary strips support.
Coredy R3500S features a pair of side-brushes which sweep ahead and aside of the main brushroll. The whole unit is designed for vacuuming of different types of dry debris from bare floors and low- and medium-pile carpets.
High-pile carpets and thick rugs can be vacuumed as well, but the unit may find such surfaces very difficult to traverse - almost all compact robot vacuums have similar issues with thick area rugs and high-pile carpets.
Coredy R3500S is powered by a high capacity 2600 mAh battery, which ensures approximately 120 minutes of operation on the bare floors, using default suction of 1400 Pa, which is on average enough for ~120 m2.
When the unit cleans carpeted areas, especially using the maximum suction of 1700 Pa, operating time is shorter.
Thanks to its compact dimensions (height of only 2.7 inches (~6.9 cm), a diameter of 12.7 inches (~32.3 cm)), Coredy R3500S can clean under most sofas and beds. The dust bin capacity is 550 ml and is large enough for regular, every day cleaning, especially considering the size of the unit.
The navigation system is relatively simple and enables the unit to clean the entire floor. When the battery is discharged, the unit automatically locates the docking/charging station and recharge itself. When the battery is almost fully discharged, it takes 5-6 hours for the unit to recharge itself completely.
However, due to the simple navigation system, Coredy R3500S doesn't support the 'Recharge and Resume' feature.
To help the unit navigate the area, it comes with several sets of sensors, including:
- Hall (magnetic strip) sensors detect magnetic strips on the floor, allowing the user to set no-go zones. Unit comes with two 6.6 feet (~2 m) boundary strips.
- Anti-collision sensors detect objects and obstacles, preventing the unit from bumping into them. Mostly.
- Anti-drop sensors, or cliff-sensors, prevent the unit from dropping down the stairs. Although these sensors do their job well, it is recommended to prevent the unit from reaching the stairs in the first place - tumbling down the stairs is not the healthiest thing that can happen to any robot vacuum cleaner.
Note: Coredy R3500S is simple to operate and maintain a vacuum cleaner. However, when it arrives, be sure to read thoroughly its Owner's Manual.
When the unit arrives, the box contains a Coredy R3500S robot vacuum cleaner, 4x side brushes, 1x extra high-efficiency filter, 1x main brush, 1x remote control (2 AAA batteries included), 1x dust bin cleaning brush, 1x charging dock, 1x adapter, and Owner's Manual.
Coredy R3500S may be controlled using:
- IR Remote Control,
- Coredy JoyHome App,
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control.
For people that want to keep things simple, IR control works great, although there are some options that are available through Coredy JoyHome App only.
Coredy R3500S Cleaning Modes
There are several cleaning modes that Coredy R3500S uses in order to do its job properly:
- Auto-Cleaning mode: Coredy R3500S combines a zig-zag cleaning pattern with random cleaning in order to clean the entire floor. When the battery is low, it locates the docking station and recharge itself - there is no 'recharge and resume' option.
- Spot-Cleaning mode: Coredy R3500S cleans one are more thoroughly by spiraling outward about 3 feet (0.9 m) in diameter and then back (spiraling inward) to the spot where the unit started the cleaning process.
- Edge-Cleaning mode: unit cleans the edges of walls and around legs of furniture and similar floor objects.
- Singe-Room Cleaning mode: unit cleans one room for 30 minutes, after which it returns to the charging station. The unit can be limited to just one room by simply closing the door or using magnetic strips.
Coredy R3500S can be used as needed (manual cleaning) or one may set the cleaning schedule and let the unit do the rest.
Coredy R3500S Maintenance Tasks
Just like other similar robots, Coredy R3500S may clean automatically, but it can not maintain itself automatically.
Main maintenance tasks include:
- Sponge Filter and High-Efficiency Filter: clean them once or twice per week and replace every 2-3 months,
- main brushroll: clean it every 2-4 weeks (depends on the type of dirt) and replace every 6-12 months,
- side brushes: clean them every 2-4 weeks and replace when visibly worn down,
- dust bin: empty it after each use,
- driving wheels and sensors: clean them monthly or when needed.
If the unit is scheduled to clean every day, whenever emptying the dust bin, check the unit and if required, act accordingly - clean or replace what has to be cleaned or replaced.
Coredy R3500S comes with 1-year limited warranty.
Coredy R3500 vs Coredy R3500S
Coredy R3500 and Coredy R3500S are two very similar models - Coredy R3500S is an upgraded Coredy R3500 model and they differ in only a few, but IMHO rather important details.
Their main features and specifications are given in the following comparison chart:
|Model||Coredy R3500||Coredy R3500S|
|Maximum Suction Power||1700 Pa||1700 Pa|
|Operating Noise||45-65 dB||45-65 dB|
|Coredy JoyHome App||No||Yes|
|Dust Bin||550 ml||550 ml|
|Amazon Alexa Support||No||Yes|
|Google Assistant Support||No||Yes|
|Magnetic Strip Support||No||Yes (2x 6.6 ft included)|
|Amazon Link||Coredy R3500 Robot Vacuum||Coredy R3500S Robot Vacuum|
Note: Amazon affiliate links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for the most up-to-date offers and prices.
As one can see, the main differences between Coredy R3500 and Coredy R3500S is added support for WiFi and thus for Coredy JoyHome App, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
Also, added Hall sensors (for magnetic boundary strips) help the user create no-go zones.
Coredy R3500 was and still is a very popular robot vacuum. However, due to the very small price difference between these two models, Coredy R3500S Robot Vacuum is a recommended model for the new buyers.
Coredy R500+ vs Coredy R3500S
Coredy R500+ is another very popular Coredy robot vacuum cleaner, based on the R500 model.
Coredy R500+ and Coredy R3500S appear more or less similar, but they differ in many details:
- Coredy R500+ supports not only floor vacuuming, but also floor mopping. But, water tank and mop cloth are sold separately,
Note: water tank replaces dust bin - Coredy 500+ cannot be used for both vacuuming and mopping at the same time.
- Coredy R3500S is a WiFi-enabled unit, while Coredy R500+ is not,
- Coredy R3500S features stronger maximum suction (1700 vs 1400 Pa) and a somewhat larger dust bin (550 vs 500 ml).
Other features are more-or-less the same: automatic recharge, no support for 'recharge and resume', same climbing ability (0.64 inches, ~16 mm), etc.
Personally, if you need a mopping function, go for Coredy 500+ (or newer Coredy R750 Robot Vacuum/Mop - Amazon link, opens in the new window), if not, go for Coredy R3500S robot vacuum cleaner.
Long Story Short: If You are looking for a simple to use and maintain a robot vacuum cleaner that supports WiFi connectivity and even Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, consider Coredy R3500S Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
It can be controlled with IR remote control, smartphone app or via voice control, it can be used for manual cleaning or cleaning tasks may be scheduled, and when the battery is discharged, it recharges itself automatically and wait for another cleaning task.
Coredy R3500S does NOT feature an advanced navigation system and does not support the 'Recharge and Resume' feature - advanced navigation system and 'Recharge and Resume' feature are usually supported by more expensive units.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check Coredy R3500S Robot Vacuum Amazon link (link opens in the new window).